Thursday, June 15, 2006

Breakfast!!!!! Only 4 WW points per serving!


I serve these topped with unsweetened applesauce, cinnamon, and Splenda as a topping with just a spoonful of fat free cool whip WW points = 4 for pancakes alone or about 200 calories.

2 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
1/8 cup SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 cup non-fat instant dry powdered milk
1 1/2 cup water
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
1/8 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar

Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl with a fork. In a separate bowl combine all moist ingredients. Carefully fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients stirring only until moistened. Use an ice cream scoop (approx 1/3 cup) to drop portions onto a 325 degree preheated lightly sprayed griddle. Turn when edges get slightly dry.

These are great for a brunch or even a snack. Trust me you'll love em!

2 comments:

sweet mama entropy said...

What a great idea for a blog. I like it! You can certainly post that brownie recipe if it's to your liking. Also, I've mentioned this before elsewhere, but a low-fat/low-cal cookbook I LOVE is "The Dieters Cookbook" from Better Homes and Gardens (I got mine a few years ago at Barnes and Noble and I'm sure you could find it elsewhere as well). I love pretty much every recipe I've tried in that book - because they don't TASTE diet. Yum! Anyway, if you're looking for good recipes, I highly recommend that book.

Bright One said...

Jessica I'm totally checking out that cookbook it sounds fantabulous!